Raid® Disposable Yellow Jacket Trap solves a difficult problem posed
by yellow jackets, a type of wasp. Unlike other types of wasps that nest in eaves
and trees, yellow jackets nest underground or behind walls, making it hard to kill
them where they live. But because they are aggressive foragers, they will be lured
by the trap's specially formulated non-toxic attractant. Use the trap in spring
to catch yellow jacket queens and to reduce the overall population before it grows.
In the summer and fall, put out more traps to catch the workers foraging for sugars.
The trap comes with a twist-tie so you can easily hang it in a tree or bush or even
put it on a flat surface. With its unique lantern design, the trap easily blends
into your yard and its décor. For best results, use one trap for each 20 feet x
20 feet area.
Learn more about yellow jackets from our Insect Control Programs
Yellow Jacket Control Program
Raid® Disposable Yellow Jacket Trap works great at controlling:
For a closer look at these bugs, check out our
Directions for use:
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with
For best results, use one trap for each 20 feet x 20 feet (400 square
Activation - Do not activate until ready to use.
Placement of Trap
- Hold upright and peel film from top of trap.
- Lift tab into upright position. Insert tab into slot in roof until roof rests on
- Do not force roof past notch in tab. There should be space between roof and trap
for insects to enter.
- Hang with enclosed twist-tie or set on a flat surface away from human activity.
Discard twist-tie if not used.
- Place out in the open where there is air movement, but not strong wind.
- For best results, use one trap for each 20 ft. x 20 ft. area.
- If catches are low, change location, leaving in place for at least two (2) days.
- Use Raid® Disposable Yellow Jacket Trap in the Spring to catch
queens and help reduce the yellow jacket population. In the Summer and Fall,
place additional traps to catch the aggressive workers.
- When trap is full of insects or attractant has been used up, dispose of trap.
- Place trap in plastic bag and discard in outdoor trash.
Attention: Failure to follow instructions could cause personal injury or property
damage. Do not handle trap if you are allergic to yellow jacket stings. Place activated
trap away from human activity or food. Handle trap at dawn or dusk, when yellow
jacket activity is minimal. Use care to avoid active yellow jackets in and around
the trap. For outdoor use only. May attract nuisance animals. Keep away from hot
surfaces. Do not store, reuse or refill activated trap.